Saturday, May 30, 2009

MSB Challenge #4

It's Saturday and that means it's time for another challenge over at MSB. This weeks challenge was to use the image shown below using the design and colors of your choice. Here is mine in it's entirety:

I wanted to have a soft spring look for this card and chose this DCWV DP that matches so well with SU's soft subtle colors. I also had a chance to use the ribbon that I got from Sale-a-bration. After using it, I'm thinking I should have probably gotten two packs of ribbon instead of just one, oh well, live and learn.

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Digi stamp - Modern Sugar Blvd
Ink: Copics (YG11, YG21, BV02, B32, 0)
Paper: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - DCWV
Embellishments: Flowers (Imaginisce); Dew Drops; Rub-On's; Ribbon

Tools: MS Border punch

MSB is also having another major release today ~ I already showed you one card using the new Precious Dance Scene image and now I have a few more of the new images to share with you:

I was going to go with a Congratulations saying held in her hands, but decided to use the Great Job sentiment instead so I could use the smaller scalloped oval in the bottom left corner. I love this layout ~ it's a quick and easy one (well, aside from all the dots I drew on the borders) and will definitely be using this one again!

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: I Totally Support You Digi stamp - Modern Sugar Blvd; Sentiment - Rock the Farm (The Greeting Farm)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics (E00, E33, E35, R20, R59, BG02, BG05, Y21, Y23); Signo White Gel Pen
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DSP - Bali Breeze
Embellishments: Ribbon (Apricot)

Tools: Oval and Scallop Oval Punch; Mega and Giga Scallop Oval Punch (Marvy); Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder; Dimensionals

We also had to make an item besides a card, and since I have a bunch of birthday's coming up, I thought this image would be perfect to use on a gift bag. I'm not sure who will be getting this bag yet, but when I do, I will probably go ahead and add a matted personalized message to the bottom portion of the bag.

Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Mr. Devil's Food Cake Digi stamp - Modern Sugar Blvd
Ink: Copics (C, C4, E53, E55, E57, RV10, RV11, Y11, 0)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip; Gina K Pure Luxury White; Kraft Colored Gift Bag (unknown)
Embellishments: Ribbon

Tools: Fiskars Border punch


Well, I hope you enjoyed my projects this week. Be sure to stop on by the blogs of the other DT members and see what fabulous things they came up with this week ~ the blogs are linked to your left.

Have a sweet day :)

6 comments:

Bee said...

Such beautiful cards, really skillfully designed. Great colouring...esp. like your 'boots' card :)
- Bee Crafty

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Jodi. I see you got the same images as me. Love the way you've coloured them and the yummy papers also. Hugs Michele x

Toothy said...

I just love your cards especially the blue and yellow one, love the layout on that card.

Holly Young said...

I'm seeing these boots everywhere this morning! Great job on your cards. Love the "support" one.

Tenia Nelson said...

Great cards and projects, Sugar!!

Valerie said...

I simply LOVE your card with the boots its so pretty!

 
Pin It button on image hover