Thursday, May 28, 2009

Let's Go to the Hop.....

Modern Sugar Blvd is having a huge release on Saturday May 30th, and here is just one of the images that will be available.


When I saw this image I knew I had to somehow incorporate records (yes, those big black round things we used to listen to before CD's LOL). To make the records, I made lots and lots of circles with an embossing stylus on the black circles to represent the grooves on a record (which of course you can't even see in this picture ~ but trust me, it does look really cool) and then added a smaller pink circle with a hole in the middle for the record label. The black cardstock panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder, which unfortunately is not showing up in this picture at all. I realized I didn't have any DP that would work for the look I was going for so I drew music notes on the pink cardstock and voila, a fun background paper.

Be sure to check out all the other DT members blogs for more creations using a variety of soon to be released images, and I may just have another project or two to show you.....


Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Digi Stamp - Modern Sugar Blvd
Ink: Copics (E00, E33, E35, R20, R21); Zig Double Ended Black Marker, Zig Black Journal Pen
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black; Gina K Pure Luxury White
Embellishments: Hand made records

Tools:
Various Circle Punches; Embossing Stylus; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Spots and Dots)


Have a sweet day :)

5 comments:

Toothy said...

WOW, I love this card. That is very creative how you made the records and I can't believe you drew all of the music notes, that is great. I can't draw at all.

Jenny said...

This card is amazing and I bet the "records" look great IRL!!
Jenny

Wendy said...

AWESOME!!!! I LOVE this card Jodi! The music notes look like DP and the records are soooo cute! I can't get over how cute this is!! TFS!! :)

Sara said...

ADORABLE! I love that image, and your coloring, and the records-everything. I'm very excited to be working with you on the squigglefly DT.

DG said...

The record idea is soooooooooo adorable. I remember records LOL (oops I just dated myself - shucks lol). I really thought the music notes were a DP...excellent job on making your own paper!

 
Pin It button on image hover