Monday, December 17, 2012

The Greeting Farm Guest Designer Monday


Happy Monday everyone!   I don't know about you, but for me the past week just flew by and I expect this week will too with everything going on.  I can't believe Christmas Eve is just a week away....how is it that you know it's coming, but nevertheless it always seems to sneak up on you?   Or maybe it's just me ;)
      

The music store that my girls take guitar lessons at happens to be in the same strip mall as a Dollar Store, so each week I tend to walk down there to see if anything catches my eye.  This past week I happened to find a black picture frame with a little mirror section in it and thought it would be cute to make something for my daughter's locker and this is what I came up with:

I chose the colors based on the inside of my daughter's locker ~  black and white zebra print paper with accessories in hot pink, black and lime green.  Anya Styles was the perfect image for this project!  I colored her with copics and paper pieced parts of her outfit.  To add some sparkle I added a little glitter to her phone, purse charm and boots.  I finished the frame off with a few black rhinestones in each corner and 3 in between the image section and the mirror (unfortunately they don't show up too well in the picture).  I also wanted something on it to hold lip gloss (because what teenager doesn't like lip gloss) so I adhered matching ribbon to the side adding velcro to it so the size can be adjusted to accommodate different sized lip glosses.  To make it usable for her locker, I added a few extra strong magnets on the back side. 

After I made this, I wished I had bought another frame as I thought it would also be cute as a wall hanging necklace holder by adding a few small black hooks to the bottom.  If they have anymore of these left this week, I'll pick up a few and give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!          

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover