Monday, December 24, 2012

The Greeting Farm Guest Designer Monday

Just one more day left until Christmas...are you all ready for the big day tomorrow or are you running out today to do some last minute shopping?   I am done shopping but have a LOT of wrapping to do...and cookies to make!  

This past week has been full of adventure....we had a really bad snowstorm with blizzard warnings, the kids got a snow day (fun) and we lost power (thankfully it was only for a few hours).  Then to top it off, after our power came back on my computer decided it was done and will not turn on at all...I knew it was coming, but was holding out as long as possible to replace it although I think Santa will be bringing us a new one ;)  In the meantime I am making due on my daughter's laptop (when she isn't on it).  

For my first card I used Sadie in a monochromatic color scheme:
I kept it pretty simple with embossed paper, some ribbon, twine, a button and snowflake charm.  I'm thinking I may use this one as a winter birthday card but I'm not sure, so I didn't add a sentiment.

My second card uses James:
I wanted the card to say "Wishing you a Cool Yule" (because James is just too cool in his leather jacket) but I didn't get it printed before we lost power so, I decided to look through my stamps and found something similar to that.  I love the brown snowflake ribbon I found in my stash just adds the right touch.  

While coloring these two images, I noticed a few of my E color family markers are starting to run out of ink....no fun coloring that way!  I guess it's time to buy some re-inkers since there is no place local that refills Copics anymore!

Well, I'm off, lots to do to prepare for Santa's arrival.  I hope you all enjoy the holiday with your family and friends!  

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover