Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life is Too Short to Match Socks.....

...and besides, how can you match them when they disappear into thin air?  I will never figure that one out, seriously, where on earth do socks go???  I have a drawer in my laundry room with no less than 30 unmatched socks sitting in it right now.....and some have been there for over a year (because I think the minute the garbage men take them away the match will mysteriously appear and then I just wasted a perfectly good sock)......so yeah, I admit it, sometimes my kids wear unmatched socks (although the only difference is the color stitching of the logo).  I also admit that it drives me nuts that there are missing socks out there...somewhere......

Now onto the card that inspired this little discussion: 
I think this is just a really "fun" set to use.  I followed the Unity Hip Hop sketch on SCS for this card.  When I saw it I knew I wanted to play along because this is actually one of my favorite sketches and I have used many variations of it in the past.  Since my background paper is a bit on the busy side, I added a simple knotted ribbon to the corner and then some brads to the sentiment in place of the o's.

I do have one more card that I finished today, but I can't show you that until Thursday.  Now to type up and pre-schedule that post since I'm not sure when else I will have a chance to get to it.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
AI Factory ~ Anything GoesMeljen's ~ Square or Round Shaped Card
Easy Craft Projects ~ Use your old stash (DP, Cardstock, ribbon, brads)
Stamp Something ~ Anything Goes
Craft Your Days Away ~ Anything Goes
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle ~ Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time ~ New (Stamp)
Pile It On ~ Anything Goes
Pear Tree Designs ~ Free for All
The Crafty Pad- Something New (Stamp)
Copic Creations ~ Use anything new (Stamp)


Have a great day and thanks for visiting :)

Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Matching Socks(Unity)
Ink/Coloring: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics (BG13, BG15 (I think ~ I put them away before I wrote them down), YG23, YG25, YR21, YR23, YR24) 
Paper: More Mustard; Gina K Luxury White; DP - unknown (from a Grab Bag at my LSS) 
Embellishments:  Ribbon (Mustard); Brads; Dimensionals 
Tools: None

17 comments:

Catherine said...

What a great card Jodi ! Love those colours ! Great image and sentiment too ! Love it ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Unknown said...

Jodi, I love this, the colours are gorgeous & the image & sentiment just perfect.

Donna said...

Oh I love this card Jodi, every mother understands your dilema. I used to play a game called 'Pairs' with my children, I would get out all the odd socks and the child that got the most pairs won the game lol, it doesn't work anymore though, the older one's just don't get excited about it anymore lol. Donna x

jackiescrafts said...

I love your card and yes I have unmatched socks waiting for the match to turn up lol
Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time

Jackie x

uksharon said...

Fabulous - this is my son, he never matches his socks.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Anita said...

Fabulous card! The colors are so pretty and I love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us in the Meljen's Designs Challenge this week.

Marjo said...

Such a cute and funny card, love it!

Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, hugs Marjo

Anonymous said...

Love this!Great card,so colourful.Where do all those socks go,eh?Thnaks for joining us at AiFactory:D
Lisa x

Flutterby Trina said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good luck

hugs

Katrina

xxx

Flutterby Trina said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good luck

hugs

Katrina

xxx

Flutterby Trina said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good luck

hugs

Katrina

xxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card and great colours. :)Lovin' those socks. :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad

Susie said...

Great card, love the colours & the image...and the sentiment is so true! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Unknown said...

Great card, and so true! Unmatched socks are the style though, they even sell them that way! I guess someone got tired of always trying to find those mates! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!

Jodi said...

What a fun image, I love the papers and colors you used!! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lou Mac said...

I love all of these bright colours!! The image and sentiment are perfect for me! LOL.

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs - good luck in the challenges!!

Lou Mac. xo

P.S - why not head on over to my blog, I have candy available until the 31st.

Lisa said...

Love your colors! Thank you so much for playing with MelJen's this week.

Hugs,
Lisa

 
Pin It button on image hover