Thursday, January 6, 2011

♥ All You Need is Love ♥

I was asked by Peggy at PaperWorks Co to be a Guest Designer for this month and since I love the stamps she carries I just had to say yes (the fact that she's so nice doesn't hurt either)!  


Here is my first project for the month using The First Date stamp from one of my favorite collections, the Little Loud Freckle Love Collection.  All of the Little Loud stamps are "retired" and currently on sale for 40% off! 
I used some of my leftover BoBunny papers from last year and paired them up with Pink Pirouette Cardstock.  After stamping the sentiment (which comes with the image stamp) I colored over the "love" with a pink copic marker and added a rhinestone for the o.  I also added a few rhinestones to the designer paper and some stickles to the flowers and the hearts on the girl because you can never have enough bling. 

As a side note, I can't believe I have been away from my blog for so long!  The last few months have been crazy busy for us and here I thought that by taking a break from Design Teams I would free up a bit of time but still get the chance to craft.....Well, unfortunately for me, "no commitments" translated to basically no crafting and the "free time" I gained was instead filled up with guests, all kinds of meetings, dr/ortho/dentist visits, school events/parties, getting ready for the holidays, and the major one.....trying to clean out the kids rooms and organize all their outgrown toys so we can get rid of them.  That is really hard for me ~ I still picture them playing with these things and it makes me sad that they are growing up so fast.  I think the hardest was the Little People sets ~ they all loved playing with these and would make a whole town in one of our downstairs rooms with all the sets.  I am still not completely done with sorting all these sets yet.  Most of them are retired so it makes locating a picture of the complete set online a bit more difficult especially when you don't remember the name of the set.  We also celebrated Ashley's 8th birthday on December 30th ~ where does the time go? 


Have a great day and thanks for visiting :)

Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: The First Date  - Little Loud Freckle Love Collection (Paperworks)
Ink/Coloring: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics
Paper:Pink Pirouette; Gina K Luxury White; DP - BoBunny
Embellishments: Sickles (Stardust); Ribbon (May Arts); Flowers (Prima); Rhinestones (Michael's)
Tools: Nesties (Petite and Petite Scallop Ovals, Circle and Petite Scallop Circle); Border Punches (Martha Stewart)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours & the image is so cool.

Elizabeth P said...

I love your card Jodi!!! beautiful coloring, papers and embellishments!

I´ve designed this stamp for Little Loud :)

Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! Too cute!

 
Pin It button on image hover