Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Woof You!

I have to start off by saying that I am so proud of both my girls.  They had their regional DI (Destination Imagination) competition last weekend and Alicia's team took 1st place out of 16 teams, so they are on to the State competition next month!  Ashley was on a Rising Star team, and while they participate in the regional competition, they do not advance to state by their performance, but rather a lottery drawing, and unfortunately her team was not picked.  She was so sad that night because she has had so much fun with DI and she didn't want it to be over.  Out of 5 competing teams from their school, 4 of them are going on to State.  3 teams took 1st place in their categories, and one team took 2nd place (which happened to be in the same category as Alicia's team, so the school took 1st and 2nd place in that category).  Way to go Wildcats! 


Now on to the card.....For this one, I used Charlie from InStyle Stamps and matched him up with these wonderful DCWV papers from the pet stack (and yes, I even used some of my in color paper from a few years back).  I thought a dog tag type sentiment would work really good on this, so I dug through my junk drawer and came across this chain that came off a pair of my sons Tony Hawk pants (it had a mini skateboard attached to it), see there is a reason for all that "junk" we save, and better to recycle it than toss it out!  The sentiment is from my daughters stamp collection ~ you can't see it too good on here, but inside the heart it says "woof".



Remember....to receive an automatic 5% discount on your purchases, please be sure to go through this link InStyle Stamps. 

I am entering the following challenges:
Pile-It-On - "Animal-riffic"
Cute Daisy May - "For the Boys"
Sophisticat - "Raining Cats and Dogs"
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Alter or Recycle something - I recycled the chain I used 


Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps:  Charlie InStyle Stamps (digi image); Sentiment - Studio G 
Ink/Coloring: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Creamy Brown); Copics (E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, N3, N5, N7, N9, YR21, YR23, YR24)
P
aper:  Soft Sky, Kraft; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - DCWV (Pet Stack)
Embellishments:  Ball chain; Eyelet (Making Memories)
Tools: Key Tag Punch; Martha Stewart Border Punch 

5 comments:

Mummylade said...

so cute! Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Audrey said...

What a super cute card. I love that doggie! Thanks for joining us at Pile it On.

Unknown said...

Oh what a cutie, love that stamp and the papers are gorgeous

Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats

Jan x

Janelle Stollfus said...

Too cute! The paper is such I nice change from the usual. It really is a great card. Charlie is a cutey too!

gina g said...

Gorgeous card fab image and papers. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

 
Pin It button on image hover