Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stampin N Scrappin With Jodi - Tent Topper Card

It's time for me to be in the KLSNS Stampin N' Scrappin spotlight again and this time I have a Tent Topper Card tutorial to share with you. 

To start off, you will need the following supplies:

1 piece of Cardstock 4 1/4" x 8 1/2"
Scoring Tool
Strong Adhesive
Extra cardstock/designer paper for the front and, if you like, the inside of the card 
Stamps, Ink, Embellishments, Nesties or Punches

Take the 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock and score it at 4 1/4" and then fold on the score line, creating a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card base.

Decorate the card front and, if desired, the inside of the card as well.  When decorating the front be sure that you leave enough room at the top to attach the bottom half of the image later on.

Take your image and layer it as desired.  I  used Nesties for the shapes. Place adhesive on the back side, but be sure to only put it on the lower half!
Attach your image to the card base, making sure you don't exceed a height of 5 1/2".  You can use a ruler, grid mat, or scrap piece of paper cut to 5 1/2" as a guide.

Once your topper is in place, you can add any additional embellishments, sentiments, etc. that you may want.  As you can see in my sample, I ended up adding a sentiment to the bottom corner of my card.   
 
For this project I used this cute Meowy Christmas stamp from High Hopes and some Basic Grey paper.  I know some of you probably looked at my card and thought Christmas already!?! ....but I find that I would rather get a head start by making Christmas cards periodically throughout the year than to wait until November or December to finally begin.  We always have so much going on that time of year as it is, so it is nice not having to add a stack of 100 or so cards that must be finished to the list.         

Thanks for stopping by and I hope my project has inspired you to create a Tent Topper Card of your own (and maybe even get a head start on some of those Christmas Cards).

Have a wonderful day!  



Recipe ~ All items SU unless indicated
Stamps:   Meowy Christmas (High Hopes); Christmas Sentiment (CC Designs)

Ink/Coloring:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Baroque Burgundy;  Copics (N0, N2, N3, N4, R32, R37, R39)
Paper:  Baroque Burgundy, Pretty in Pink; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Basic Grey (Eskimo Kisses)
Embellishments:  Ribbon (Flirty); Rhinestones (Michael's); Stickles (Stardust)
Tools:  Word Window Punch; Nesties

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover