Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TGF Summer Gardener Submissions

I decided that it's time to share the submissions I sent over to The Greeting Farm for the Summer Gardener DT call. All submissions had to use the colors orange and yellow. Of course I didn't have any DP with orange and yellow as the main colors, so a shopping trip was in order. I picked up some wonderful papers from Kaiser as well as the Lime Rickey papers from Basic Grey.

For this card, I actually colored two different images which are very similar with the main difference being the hair color ~ one blonde and one brunette (so if you see another card later on that looks familiar, that's why). I liked the blonde with these papers, but felt the brunette image just "popped" more so that's the one I went with.

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Miss Anya (The Greeting Farm); Sentiment ~ Pupstar (The Greeting Farm)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Pumpkin Pie; Copics (E00, E11, R20, R83, R85, YG03, YG05, YR12, YR14, Y21, Y23, E31)
Paper: Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Kaiser (Play Time)
Embellishments: Ric Rac Ribbon (JoAnn's); Flowers (Prima); Brads (Making Memories); Stickles

Tools: Curly Label Punch

I couldn't leave Ian out, so I had to make a boy card. It does look a bit plain, the more I look at it and probably should have added something more in the line of embellishments, but I just don't seem to have a lot of "boy" themed embellishments.....


Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Skater Ian (The Greeting Farm); Sentiment ~ Pupstar (The Greeting Farm)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics (E00, E11, R20, B21, B23, Y11, Y13, Y21, E31, E55, E57, E59, YR12, YR14, YR15)
Paper: Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Basic Grey (Lime Rickey)
Embellishments: Eyelet Snaps (Making Memories)


And finally I had to ink up my new Hope and Grace set. Her skirt reminded me of an upside down flower, so I decided to color it in a graduated color. The scallop border around the oval is actually a bunch of circles layered on the back of the oval. The color of the flowers is a bit off in this picture, but I just could not get the lighting right for this picture no matter what I did.....hate when that happens. I love the look of the tiny rhinestones around the scalloped circle, but boy is this a chore with long nails, they kept wanting to stick underneath my nails.

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Hope and Grace (The Greeting Farm)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie; Copics (E00, E11, R20, R83, R85, YG03, YG05, YR12, YR14, Y21, Y23, E31)
Paper: Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Kaiser (Play Time)
Embellishments: Ric Rac Ribbon (JoAnn's); Wide Grosgrain Ribbon; Brads (Making Memories); Stickles; Adhesive Rhinestones (Michael's); Flowers (Prima)

Tools: Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch; CM Cutting System; Martha Stewart Border Punch; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots)

Since you didn't see an announcement, I obviously did not make the DT this time around, but hey, there's always the fall.....and besides, I now have 3 great cards in my stash, so not all is lost.

3 comments:

Sara said...

These are totally adorable! I love the greeting farm, and I love yellow and orange. Perfect job coloring! And I love your Ian, perfect for a little boy! They're not so much about the emellishments-lol

Callie said...

Jodi your cards are just adorable! I love them all... sorry you didn't make the team, neither did I... ohs well! Are you in the Greeting Farm Sister's group over at cafemom? If not you should be!! Anyways... keep up the beautiful cards!

Debby said...

Goodness they are all incredibly fabulous! I'm amazed you didn't make the DT. When it happens it will be because it was the right time. You have incredible style so no doubt in my mind it will happen.

 
Pin It button on image hover