Thursday, April 2, 2009

Modern Sugar Blvd. DT Call

What a catchy name! Modern Sugar Blvd is a new store that will be opening on April 20th. On their blog, they have a free digi image of a sassy, modern shopping girl which I used to make the following cards for their Design Team call. I couldn't stop at just one.......

This was the idea I had when I first saw this girl because I knew I had the "perfect" patterned paper to use, and she just had to have "patent leather" boots which was achieved from Diamond Glaze! I also wanted the shopping bags to be the kind you get from upscale stores that have the shiny finish to them, so I colored over the top with a clear glaze pen. You'll notice I used stickles on this one, which, I previously mentioned, I tend to stay away from when using digi images because of the bleeding issue from the printer ink. However, with this particular card, I didn't mind the black feathering into the scarf. Because of the black boots, I wanted to add a bit of black into the scarf, and this actually was a very subltle way to do it. I hand wrote the sentiment.


Here is a close up of the girl so you can see the glaze on the shopping bags and the shiny boots.

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Modern Sugar Blvd. Digi Download
Ink: Copics, Black Sharpie
Paper: Basic Black, Neenah Crest Solar White, DP - Provo Craft
Accessories: Ribbon, Diamond Glaze, Dew Drops (Robin's Nest), Clear glaze pen (Sakura), Rhinestones (Michael's), Border punch (EK Success), Oval Punches, Stickles, Nesties, Rhinestone Brad (unknown), Flower (layers of a flower I had in my stash with a Prima flower on top), Dimensionals


After I finished the first card, I just had to make another card using the colors from Modern Sugar Blvd.'s blog and website and this is what I came up with. It reminds me of Spring, and with the snow we had recently, I could use that.


Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Modern Sugar Blvd. Digi Download; Best Yet
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Copics
Paper: Regal Red, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Neenah Crest Solar White, DP - Basic Grey
Accessories: Dew Drops (Robin's Nest), Border punch (Martha Stewart), Circle Punches, Circle Scallop Punch, Flower (Bazzil), Dimensionals


I just realized that I haven't been listing dimensionals in my recipes, but I use these on practically every card I make.

Also, I know I promised pictures of my craft room, but I am still waiting for my shelving unit to come back from the painters, so once it is here, installed and filled up with goodies, I will take those pics.


7 comments:

Kharlie Bug said...

I just love the shiny boots!

Pretty Things said...

What a lovely card!

bumblebee creations said...

Wow!! I am very glad you found my blog! I am having such a fun time looking at your awesome creations!!! I LOVE the chic girl-and the papers-yes very perfect!!!
I LOVE the papers you have used on the previous several too-you have such a good eye for colors!!! And that little martian guy-how cute!!

Stef H said...

Hi Jodi: Thanks so much for joining in the Squigglefly blog hop, for posting and for your very sweet comment. I hope you had fun and I hope to see you at my blog again soon!

These cards are awesome. All my favorite colors and I love anything "girly" - especially fashion related (though you'd never know by looking at my blog - LOL). You're a shoo-in - in my opinion! But, I wish you luck with the DT call anyway!

Hugs,

Vicki said...

Hi Jodi

Oh wow your cards are truly fab.

Thanks for adding a link to my blog candy and for playing along, good luck.

Happy Birthday for the 15th April, hope you have a wonderful day
xx vicki xx

Anonymous said...

Goregous card.Denise x

Lisa F said...

Such a nice card! I just saw that you made it in the top 20 too - congrats and good luck!

 
Pin It button on image hover