Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Club Anya "Blog Hoppin' Bash!

This is my very first time participating in a blog hop and what better way to get my feet wet than to particiapte in the First Ever Club Anya Blog Hoppin' Bash. To see a list of all participants, please visit the Club Anya Blog.

When I saw The Greeting Farm Stamps I absolutely fell in love with their adorable images. Anya, Ian, the Fairies, the animals....they are all so cute, who could resist!?! I got my first order early this month, my second order on Monday, and, well, let's just say that with a brand new release tonight at 10:00 pm, my third order may not be far off ;)



For this card I picked Rockstar Anya. I stamped Anya onto Gina K Luxury White paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her in with my copics (E00, E11, R20, R81, R83, R85, R89, C1, C3) and then cut her out. To add some sparkle to Anya, I used silver glitter glue (Duncan) on her headband and guitar. I wanted it to look like Anya was on a stage, so I added two ovals (SU punch) before placing her on the polka dotted paper (layered with SU Basic Black and Pretty in Pink). Since I wanted this card to have a lot of bling, I used DCWV "All Dressed Up" papers, a Metal rimmed tag with a silver star brad, and even stamped the words (Sudio G) in Encore Metallic Silver ink. The finishing touch on this card is the leather trim with the silver eyelets (Walmart ~ and yes, it came with the eyelets already in it) .



Since I made an Anya Card, I also had to make one of Ian. I stamped Skater Ian on Gina K Luxury White paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him in with my copics (E00, R20, Y23, Y26, G82, G85, B32, B34, B39). I added a layer of Garden Green and Chocolate Chip (SU) to the back. For the card base I chose Really Rust (SU) layered with a fun patterned paper from DCWV. The sentiment is from SU's stamp set So Cool, which was stamped in Really Rust and layered on Chocolate Chip (SU). For embellishments, I chose to use stars (SU punches) cut from the same colors I used on the card. The large star has a vintage button with twine through it and I also added twine in place of ribbon.

I hope you enjoyed my cards and have fun hoppin' along.

32 comments:

Heather said...

These are both terrific! Great job!

Zarah said...

Ooooh... YOu SURE have an eye for colour! Those are so PERFECTLY matched it's almost scary! LOVE them! :D

tracy said...

Georgous card and colour combinations my little girl would love the girl rockstar!
Tracy x

CarlaKH said...

love these... I need to get the rockstar anya for sure now!

Peggy said...

Love your cards!!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Great cards! Capture the spirit of Anya and Ian perfectly!

Rachel said...

These are fabulous Cards!!!

Janna said...

These are just incredible!! the papers and color schemes you chose are just amazing and I adore the way you added all the sparkle! The layouts enhance your images so well and I am really glad you didn't leave poor Ian out in the cold! Thanks so much for participating!

Smiles,
janna

kadie said...

Jodi, these are superbly put together. I love how everything is so clean and crisp. Perfect papers, embies and coloring. AND I especially love the little stage you added for Anya and the stars for Ian. CUTE!

~*Joni said...

OH Fabulous duo!! I love these two cards, they make a great pairing, especially with the awesome coloring and layouts. And congrats btw on the MSB DT call!! :D

Tina Mayo said...

very very cute!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

So NOW you are hooked aren't you? I completely understand. I'm an addict to TGF stamps as well... You've created two very very beautiful cards here. That rockstar card is my favorite though. Why? Because it really "Rocks" LOL
no seriously, I do love them both.
Pefectly done!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Randi said...

These are both fantastic!!

Melyssa said...

Sweet cards, I love the colours and glitter and details!

KanataNewf said...

Both cards are "totally awesome"

Heather Schlatter said...

You did a great job on this!!! I am enjoying both of the cards but I love that Rocker Anya with the bling and pink and silver yea!!!

Heather

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! These are so adorable! That color combo w/ Rockstar is amazing! And hey, congrats on the Mod. SUgar DT! That is incredible! Hope you had agreat time and thanks so much for getting in on all the fun!!!

Melissa Craig said...

Love the rock star! she's lovely and your skater is adorable.

Tammi said...

Both amazing cards! Love the metallic parts and pink hair on that first one and paper/stars/sentiment on the second....great job!

Mary Giles said...

Both of these are great and the color combos are super!

Sara Henton said...

So beautiful!! Really like both of them.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Very cool! Love them both!
Fabulous!!! :)
Happy Hopping! ~ margie

Sandra MacLean said...

Yay!! Finally a rockstar Anya!! Great card Jodi!

Gabby said...

So cute! Love them both!

Unknown said...

Awesome job...love the colors on the first one.

See you over at the MSB team, too :)

Wendy said...

I love the glitter on the guitar! Very cute cards!! Great job!

Kerry said...

Awesome cards, Love them!

DG said...

These are awesome cards....beautiful colors and layouts. Your cards are fabulous...love the style of these!

Fern said...

2 Awesome Cards Jodi! :O)

Fern xx

Tanya said...

Both are cute, I really like the rock star, my favorite color is pink, so it sooo me :)

TFS!!!

Robin said...

Great cards! I am new to TGF also, but am so in love with their images!

Alicia S said...

I love both the cards! I think they're really awesome.

 
Pin It button on image hover