Wednesday, March 25, 2009

MFT Week Two Idol Judge Entry

The past week was so busy with the kids ~ field trips, scout meetings, my son's birthday (Happy Birthday Ty!) and sick kids ~ so I got a few things done, but haven't been able to share them until now.

Each week I am attempting to do My Favorite Things Idol Judge Challenge on SCS. This week we had to use masking on our card. I don't have a lot of MFT sets that lend themselves well to this technique, but I finally came up with one, and am quite happy with the result.

I stamped the dinosaur and then masked him off to stamp the trees behind him. I then tore a piece of paper, masked off the sky area and sponged the grassy area as well as randomly stamped the grass stamp. After that, I masked off the grass area to sponge in the sky. My final masking was to stamp the sentiment on two lines instead of just one so it fit in the small space. I combined this challenge with a sketch challenge on one of my Cafe Mom groups.




Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: MFT - DinoMite, SU Dino-Mite, Claudia Rose - Grass Samp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Garden Green, Gable Green, Bashful Blue, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, Copics
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, White - Papertrey, DP - DCWV
Accessories: Ribbon, Dew Drops (Robin's Nest)



No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover