Sunday, February 8, 2009

Coco We Miss You!

On Friday, January 30th, 2009 we had to have our family pet, Coco put down. :( She was almost 14 years old, and unfortunately, was having a lot of problems. It was a very sad day for all of us. I miss coming home and having her here; laying in bed at night and hearing her little "foot" steps down the hall; hearing her tags hit the water bowl as she drinks; seeing her, and just petting her. Alicia was the hardest hit of all the kids, since she is the oldest and was the closest to her (she even has a pug Webkinz that she named Coco). I remember when Alicia was little and we were decorating the Christmas tree, she put a string of lights around Coco because she wanted her to be decorated too ~ it was so cute (I'd post that pic, but it was before I went digital).

Here is Coco in her favorite "bed". Tyler got this Spiderman couch for a gift, and used it for awhile (as did Trevor), but then outgrew it, and it became Coco's favorite resting spot.


Here is another of Coco's favorite resting spots ~ on the fireplace. (As she got older, she spent a lot of time sleeping)And here is Coco on her last day with us.

The vet called us today to let us know the paw print ornament they made for us is ready to be picked up. That will be a nice keepsake and at Christmas time will hang on our tree right next to the pug angel ornament we have.

1 comment:

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

I have lost a few pets over the years. I found it to be one of the hardest things ever to bear.
I hope the following read will give you at least a little comfort.

Hugs,

Dorothy

A Dog's Prayer
Treat me kindly, my beloved master for no heart in the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do. Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon by waiting ear.
When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my God,and I am your devoted worshipper. Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food, that I may well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger. And,beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you, Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
~unknown~

 
Pin It button on image hover