Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Garden Variety Tuesday - Did someone say Christmas?

Today it's time for another Garden Variety Tuesday over at The Greeting Farm!  It was my turn to pick the challenge, and since Christmas will be here before we know it, I thought it would be nice to get started on those Christmas Cards.  My challenge is "Head Start on the Holidays", make a Christmas Card.

For my card, I used the new Holiday Anya 3 and colored her with copics.  I added some liquid applique to her hand warmer, and then covered it with stickles.  I also added stickles to her star and some pearls to her boots.  I chose a monochromatic theme based on the background paper, and since I really didn't want to cover up much of it (I love all the flocked detailing), I kept the layout very simple.  I added some ribbon, and a sentiment (I outlined the punched shape with a copic and added some rhinestones).  This would definitely be an easy card to make multiples of!

Be sure to enter this weeks challenge at The Greeting Farm, I'd love to see your Christmas Cards! 

Thanks for visiting and have a fantastic day!  

1 comment:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Jodi, I came across your card over on the TGF blog and I just had to come over to get a close look! OMWord, I LOVE your card!!! Anya looks just beautiful (I have her, but in the middle of a Halloween series, so I haven't even inked her up yet)and I really love her in those blues, but what caught my eye was your GORGIOUS card! How ever did you make that swirl and make it stand out so beautifuly? I just love the whole card and I truly wanted you to know just how awesome it is. Hugs Lisa G

 
Pin It button on image hover