Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hope Your Day is Full of Smiles

Today is an Inspirational Day for Claudia & Company and the Design Team has some wonderful projects to share with you.  Today I made a scene with Twirl Anya.

I colored Anya with copics and cut her out (cutting off the pinwheel she was holding as well).  In place of her pinwheel, I added a toothpick that was cut at the ends and made my own pinwheel.  I have a brad holding the pinwheel together and it is going through the background, so it does turn, but it doesn't spin because there isn't enough room behind it for the brad to move freely :(  I should have put the scene panel on dimensionals and then it would have spun.....oh well, live and learn.  The grass is cut with a border punch, the clouds were cut free hand and the little flowers in the grass were cut out from one of the patterned papers.  The papers are all October Afternoon, from both the Detours and the Farm Fresh collections.  The sentiment is from So Random Sentiments and I highlighted the word smiles with a copic.  

I hope you enjoyed my project....I know I had a lot of fun making it!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
The Pink Elephant - sketch
Southern Girls - Let's Hear it for the Girls
Whimsie Wednesday - Make your own embellishment
Mami Doodles - Let's Get Girly 
By the Cute and Girly - Anything Goes
All That Scraps - Anything Goes
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Catered Crop - recipe items used:  Polka Dots, copics, stickles, all occasion card
CES Challenges - Favorite Color Combo...I don't know about you, but my favorite combo changes depending on my mood and the beautiful patterned papers out there...so I chose blue and green
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Spots and Dots
Pear Tree Designs - Spring


Thanks for stopping and have a great day!


16 comments:

karen said...

Hi Jodi, this is superb, love the colour combo you choose, and the design is brill! thanks for joining CES challenges this week, karen, GDT for May.

lindyloo said...

awww wow this is so cute love it thank you for joining us at the pear tree design this week hugs linda x

Susie said...

Wow what a fab card, love the birght colours and cute image...and that pinwheel is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

aqualeiga said...

Lovely! I'm really pleased that you joined us at THE CRAFTY PAD for our Spots & Dots challenge. Hugs, Ali x

Linda McClain said...

Ah, what a cutie. I love your coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Catered Crop.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creation, just love the colour combo & that pinwheel looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So cute!
:-)

Jodie Mackrell said...

cute card! love the pinwheel! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Sheena said...

A fab card - I love the pinwheel! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!! Love the colors!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant.
Sheri-TPE DT

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh that pinwheel is just adorable! I love love love this! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Crafty Pad!

LORi said...

Super duper CUTE Jodi!! So happy you shared with TPE!!

HUGS-LORi

Viv said...

Awww! Super cute! Love the pinwheel and your papers.
Thanks for playing at Southern Girls. Viv x

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! Love the pinwheel!

karenw said...

Thuis made me say "awww..' out loud. So very cute and I love the pinwheel.

thanks for playing with us at southern girls. x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Congrats on your win at the Pink Elephant - this is really adorable!!!

 
Pin It button on image hover