Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cheeky Beach Scene


Happy Tuesday....and welcome to another challenge with Claudia & Company.  Today our challenge is to make a card with a Fancy Fold.  A few ideas would be an Easel Card (which is what I chose), a Gatefold Card, a tent card or a stair step card.  
I chose to use Cheeky Beach and made a beach scene with her.  I used papers from the My Minds Eye Good Day Sunshine Boy collection...just goes to show you you can use these papers for more than just boy projects.  The panel behind the image is made from kraft cardstock which I roughed up to look like sand (thanks for the idea Jenny), some torn blue paper for the water and then some lighter blue paper for the sky.  I also rubbed a Palette Ink New Canvas pad over the water and sky.  Cheeky was colored with copics and I added some Crystal Effects to the beach ball to make it more realistic.  I used some Teal Bakers Twine and attached a starfish charm and a bow to it.  As you can see on the "inside" of the card, I again roughed up some Kraft cardstock to look like a beach and added a few seashells.  I really had a lot of fun with this card and love how it turned out.  I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday, but I did rotate it.
I also used the challenge at Wee Memories to be inspired by a picture on Etsy or Pinterest.  Here is my inspiration picture from pinterest:

We'd love to have you join in our challenge.  You have until Saturday, June 11th to link up your entry.  For more inspiration from the Design Team, head on over the the Claudia & Company blog. 


Keep an eye out, we have some great new releases coming up next week!

Yesterday we went over to my brother's house for the day and couldn't have asked for better weather.  We spent the entire day outside and had a great time (and some great food too).  Now I'm hoping this weather is here to stay!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! :)

Jo said...

This card is beautiful! *claps*
Thank you for joining in with Sketch Saturday's 3rd birthday challenge, and for entering my PBC too, good luck!
Jo xx

Bente said...

Soo wonderful card, thanks for playing with us at SS this week - and also for joining in on my party bag candy. Good luck!
Hugs, Bente

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful image and papers.
luv
Debby

Leonie said...

Thanks for making this great card with the sketch from Sketch Saturday!
Thanks also for entering my candy!!

Leonie xx

 
Pin It button on image hover