Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday ♥Alicia♥

Today was my oldest daughter Alicia's birthday...wow, I can't believe she is already 11 years old.  She is smart, talented and growing into such a wonderful young lady and I am proud to be her mom ♥ I love you sweetheart!  Tonight we celebrated her birthday with the family ~ us and then my parents and my brother.  On the kids birthday's we let them pick whatever they want for dinner and Alicia's choice was Cousins Subs ~ I have to say that I love their subs and their Broccoli Cheese soup (not to mention that I didn't have to do any cooking) so I was happy.  After dinner we had some delicious cake from our favorite baker (marble with buttercream frosting) and then it was time for the presents.  OK now for the card....

Yesterday I had Alicia pick out a few of her favorite images and I went with the Tuesday Creeper for her card~ my first time using the Creepers and boy are they fun!  The paper I used is actually digital paper from Tiddly Inks (and this was my first time using digi paper as well).  I stamped a large flourish stamp on the right side of the heart paper in gray and then colored over it with a Spica clear pen.  The edges of the cardstock and her "eyeshadow" were also colored with the same Spica pen ~ it took awhile to color the cardstock, but the shimmer it has in real life made it worth it.  The bottom has three layers of scalloped tulle and then a silver organdy ribbon along with a trio of pearls.  On the image panel, I used the distressed stripes folder, sanded it and then sponged it with gray.  The sentiment was computer generated and I then colored it with R21, T0, T1 and 0 to mimic the heart paper colors.  As a final touch I added one of my precious rhinestone swirls ~ I have a few of these, but because they really are not cheap, I hate to use them unless I know the card will be cherished and I know in this case I have nothing to worry about ~ she absolutely loved it! :)

Here is a close up showing the shimmer a little better:
I hope to head into the craft room again this week, but I am swamped with appointments and Girl Scout events through Sunday.  And here I thought once the kids were back in school I'd have all kinds of free time.....maybe next week.

Since I have to post while it is still her Birthday, I will come back and update the challenges I want to enter this card into.

OK...after a bit of picking and choosing (to remain at 10 total challenges), I am entering the following:
Nutty Nutshells - "Pretty in Pink" 
Southern Girls - "Anything Goes" 
Stamp and Create - "Pearls and Gems" 
One Stop Craft Challenge - "Fashion Throughout the Years" 
Aly's Sunday Challenge - "Sparkle and Glitter"
Club Anya and Friends - Case this card:  My notes...In place of the musical notes I stamped the flourish stamp on my paper.  The rhinestone swirl replaces the butterfly, the sentiment replaces the circle with the 8, the ribbon "bow" replaces the flower and the scalloped layers of tulle replace the torn paper layers
Pear Tree Designs - "Pink"
Our Daily Bread - "Make Your Creations Sparkle"
Scrap Creations - "Gotta Go Digi" - digi paper and digi sentiment 
Paper Sundaes - Minimum of 3 embellishments - Organdy, Tulle, Rhinestones, Pearls 


Have a great day! 




Recipe  ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps:  Tuesday Creeper (The Greeting Farm); Baroque Motifs  
Ink/Coloring:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Going Gray; Copics (E00, E01, E11, R20, E33, E35, E37, E57, E77, E79, T0, T1, T2, T3, T5, R21); Atyou Spica Clear
Paper:  Basic Gray, Going Gray, Pink Pirouette; Gina K Luxury White; DP - Tiddly Inks digi paper (Light Pink Grungy Heart)
Embellishments:   Organdy Ribbon (Silver); Pearls (Kaiser); Rhinestones (Michael's); Rhinestone Swirl (WalMart); Stickles (Stardust and Fruit Punch); Tulle  
Tools:  Key Tag Punch; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Distressed Stripes); Sanding Block

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.Fabulous teaming of pink with grey.Love all the sparkle.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Carol said...

i LOVE that image and your colouring is just devine,im a newb to diggy stamps my self,this rocks.
thanks for joining us at southern girls first challenge hope we see more of your stunning work

Donna said...

Lovely card Hunni

Thanks for joining us at PTD and good luck

Donna xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs Challenge Blog.

Good luck.

Lou x

Clare Lloyd said...

love your pink rock chick card. thanks for joining us at PTD this week. good luck. X

Unknown said...

Jodi, I love it!!! Fab colouring too.

papertrails leaver said...

a fabulous card! I hope she had a wonderful birthday! Subs sound good to me! :-)

Michelle Singer said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls this challenge.
Hugz,
Michelle

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I always enjoy viewing your creations Jodi... they are so fun and creative and your coloring rocks!! This card "Rocks". Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light sparkle challenge this week!

Susie said...

Fab card, very girly and I love the image you've used! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week xx

Alica said...

aww so cute and cool at the same time! Perfect card for 11-year old!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this card!!

That image is fabby with scrummy papers!"!

Thanks for playing at one stop xx

karenw said...

This is wonderful, the image is very cool and I love the tulle behind it, makes it a bit more 'grown up' for a tween. thanks for playing with us at SGC.

gina g said...

Gorgeous card fab image and papers and beautifully coloured too. Thanks fort joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Peggy said...

This is so cute! Great DP. Perfect for the image. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!! Such a perfect image for an 11 year old girl!! Love your coloring and the Tulle just gives the entire card such a cool/rockin' factor!! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining our 3 embellishments challenge at Paper Sundaes this week.

Hugs,
Wendy

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful coloring and card! Thanks for playing in the ODBDSLC with us! Have a BLESSED weekend!

Kristen said...

such a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with scrap-creations.

Unknown said...

Such a nice card! :)

 
Pin It button on image hover