Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I've Been Spotted by Claudia & Co (and a new card too)

I was thrilled to get the email telling me that I had been spotted and they wanted to showcase my cards on their blog.  What an honor ~ thanks Claudia & Company!  Here are the two cards that they spotted: 



Both of these feature Ella Puddle Jumper.

But I had to make another card as well, so here it is.....



I couldn't leave the boys out, so I pulled out Davey Puddle Jumper and made a Back to School card for my youngest son Trevor.  For this card I followed the sketch over at Die Cuts R Us.

Surprisingly the layout is very similar to the previous card.  I used paper from the Summer Dream collection and instead of adding ribbon or another pattern paper across the center, I used plain cardstock punched with a border punch and then embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  When I saw that ruler folder in the store I thought it would be perfect for school themed projects and just had to have it.  I changed the direction of the circles (well buttons in my case) and put them across the bottom instead of up the side (hope that's ok).  I came across these buttons going through some of my older supplies (the stuff I bought when I was "collecting" a few years ago) and the color was perfect for this paper.  They came pre-threaded and as a bonus already had adhesive on the back ~ how easy was that!?!  The little note he is holding says "Have FUN in 1st grade Mom" 

I know, I know, a "Back to School card" when the kids started last week....Well what can I say, they are a bit late this year.  As you can tell from my lack of posts last month, I didn't have a lot of time to spend in the Craft room, so while the intention was there, the time to do so just wasn't.   But, since I make them for my kids every year, better late than never!

I would also like to enter this last card in the following challenges:

Digi Doodles - "Write Me a Message" - use a sentiment
Pixie Challenge - "Back to School"
Stamp Something - "Something Cute"
Fussy & Fancy Friday - "Back to School"
Our Daily Bread -"Forgotten embellishments" - buttons, brads or eyelets
Simple Doodles - "Back to School"
Allsorts - "New Beginnings"
Secret Crafter - "Clean and Simple"
Cowgirl's - "Anything Goes"
I Did It Creations - "Beige and Blue and one other color (Red)"
Crafty Cardmakers - "Clean and Simple"
Incy Wincy - "Celebrate"
Little Paper Shop - "Clean and Simple"
The Pink Elephant - "Back to School"
Creative Card Crew - "Back to School"
Scrap Creations - "A Children's Themed Card"


Thanks again to Claudia and Company for showcasing my work today!
 


Recipe For Puddle Jumper Davey ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps:  Puddle Jumper Davey (Claudia & Co); Note paper stamp - Studio G  
Ink/Coloring:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics (E00, E01, E11, R20, E31, E33, Y28, E51, E53, E57. E59, B32, B34, R05, R08); Bliss Blue; Crumb Cake Marker
Paper:  Bliss Blue; Naturals (Ivory); Gina K Luxury White; DP - DCWV (Summer Dream)
Embellishments:   Buttons (Stickopotamus) 
Tools:  Martha Stewart Border Punch; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder





31 comments:

Nicole said...

WOW, Jodi! These are all just icky sweet!! LOVE THEM! Great take on this week's sketch for sure, love the button-work! Thanks for playing along at ACLP! Nicole -ACLP DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Awww...these are all super duper cute!! Thank you so much for letting us feature them at C&C!! Love your newest creation too!!
Stamping Hugs~
Sheri

Peggy said...

These cards are adorable. Great job on all of them. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all so Jodi!! Love your colors, coloring and designs!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week.

Curly said...

Hello, Jodi
Lovely card, fantastic layout and choice of colours, very cute images and excellently coloured, thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafters: Clean and Simple challenge, this week, Good luck, Bridget x. SCSC DT

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Jodi DARLING cards hun!!!
You always do such a beautiful job on all your cards hun!!!
Thank you for joining us at Little Paper Shops CAS challenge this week!!! Goood luck to you! And hope you will join us next week for another super FUN challenge!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Pam Varnell said...

Congrats for the call out at Claudia and Company,it's so well deserved. Love your sweet cards. They are all adorable.. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at the Little Paper Shop.

Pam

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Each of these cards are extremely wonderful, Jodi! I'm so happy you were spotted at Claudia and Co. It was well deserved.

Your Davey PJ is great too. Love that embossing folder you used...I'm going to have to scout one out.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

KymKreates said...

Your projects are marvelous!!!!
Thanks for writing a message with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

KymKreates
DT Coordinator

Unknown said...

Great cards! I love the ruler embossing folder...how cool is that!? Thanks for joining us at Cowgirls Sunday Stampen Challenge this week. We hope to see you on the
12th for our special Christmas Cards for Soldiers Challenge. Hugs, Kim

Jeanette said...

OMG! All of these are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your cute 'Back to School' card with I Did It Creations. I love the embossed ruler.

stampingmarianne said...

Your cards are so cute! Love the colors, the flowers, the image.
Great work!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
marianne

Unknown said...

Stunning group of cards you have made this time. Really like the back to school one that you joined us at IDIC with. Thank you for sharing and playing with us!

Unknown said...

These are SO FANTASTIC! Wow, totally impressed with your work! With your talent you should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com, they provide the challenges in advance and give away great prizes too!

Jennie said...

Congratulations on your showcase! Very well deserved such beautiful cards!

thank you for joining us at IDIC

xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fantastic cards - those puddle jumpers are so cute - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week xx

Chelsea said...

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy. Stop back soon! Great card too!

Debs said...

Super cute cards!
Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Helen said...

Fabulous cards - so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Chrissy D said...

These are all such SWEET cards!!! Love the papers and images! Thanks for joining us in the Shining Light Challenge this week! Have a blessed week!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute cards! Thanks for sharing :)

Tip Top said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining in at Simple Doodles - hope to see you again next time!

Jackie Randolph said...

Congratulations Jodie!! All three of your cards are so adorable!! I just love Lori's puddle kids and you did an fabulous job with them.Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Well your cards should definitely be showcased. They are gorgeous! Congrats and thanks for sharing at ACLP:D

Piali said...

Congrats!!
love this card...the embosssing folder is Awesome! Thanks for creating with ACLP sketch this week!

~*Joni said...

Jodi these are wonderful! I can see why you were featured, you give these sweet images so much personality. Thank you so much for joining us this week in our sketch challenge!
~*Joni ACLP DT

Anonymous said...

Super cute cards! I can see why they wanted to showcase your fab art!

Kristen said...

Oh My cuteness!!! I just love these images and Love your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Going Grey at scrap-Creations!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! lovely coloring and designing in all you super cute cards!
Pam Going Postal

LORi said...

i LOVE them!!! great work Jodi!!
HUGS - LORi

Anonymous said...

If found very beautiful cards on your blog the 3th card back ground is interesting for me . and i want to add this to my card collection .
Plastic Cards
Plastic card printing

 
Pin It button on image hover