Thursday, May 20, 2010

Soft Pencil Thursday

As I promised last week, here is a sneak peek of Soft Pencil's new image ~ "Happy Sailors" ~ that will be available tomorrow ~ isn't this cute? 

Since this is a water themed card, I used my go to Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper ~ not sure what I am going to do when it is all gone....  I kept the layout for this one really simple, just adding buttons to the corners.  With all the buttons I have I can't believe how hard it was to find 4 white ones ~ almost all of my "white" buttons are actually pearlized ones...who knew?  I added the sentiment in a scalloped oval to make it look like a cloud in the sky and just rounded the corners of the image.  

Stop by and visit the rest of the DT to see what they did with this adorable image (links are on the left of my blog).  

Remember that we will be having another blog hop on May 27th, and it's a big one with both the Design Team and customers participating! 

Have a wonderful day :)

Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Happy Sailors - Soft Pencil (digi image); Sentiment: Anya Says (TGF)
Ink/Coloring:  Night of Navy; Copics
Paper:  Night of Navy;Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Basic Grey (Lime Rickey)
Embellishments:  Buttons (from stash); DMC Floss
Tools:  Oval and Scallop Oval Punch; Corner Rounder

6 comments:

Catherine said...

What a sweet card Jodi ! Love the backing paper and the sentiment ! Your colouring is great ! Smiles from Catherine

Kerry said...

Super cute!!! Love the Basic Grey paper, they are the best!

Cat said...

Great card, Jodi! I LOVE how you colored the hair!

Betty J Schaub said...

Love the red sails!!! Cute sentiment too. Wonderful coloring...

Michelle said...

So pretty...fabulous coloring! The background paper is too cool!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

LOVING the papers you used on this one! Also, FABULOUS work on the image:)

 
Pin It button on image hover