Saturday, June 26, 2010

KLSNS Challenge #36

Today is my turn to host the challenge over at KLSNS  and since I love sketches so much, I decided to make my challenge a sketch challenge. 



And here is my card:
When I designed my sketch, I had planned on using it for a Girl card, and had everything all planned, but since most of my cards lately have been for girls, I decided to make a boy card instead.  For my card I used Willy One Eye from High Hopes Stamps along with a High Hopes sentiment.  Once again I have used papers from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey collection.  I only have a few more pieces of this stack left, but I'll admit I do have another one.....  The image was stamped on the more solid colors from the stack and then paper pieced.  I added crystal effects to his eye as well as the 3 paper circles on the lower right side ~ a quick and easy way to get "brads" in any color you want.  On the embossed circle, I ran an inkpad over the raised areas to add some contrast.   

We would love to have you join in our challenge this week and see what you come up with using my sketch!  Stop on over at the KL Stamping N Scrappin blog for all the challenge details and to see the fantastic cards from the rest of the Design Team.
 
Head on over to the store and pick up this image along with many others for a great price.  Through Monday, June 28th, Kelly is having a clean-up sale where most items storewide are 50% off.  Just use the code "cleanup" during checkout. 

Enjoy your weekend :)

Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps:   Willy One Eye (High Hopes); Sentiment (High Hopes)

Ink/Coloring:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Pumpkin Pie; Palette New Canvas
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun; Gina K Luxury White; DP - Basic Grey (Lime Rickey) 
Embellishments:  Crystal Effects
Tools:  Arrow Punch; Circle Punch; Nesties; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Spots and Dots)


4 comments:

Jacilynn said...

I love this orange card. Perfect image and sentiment combo. Great sketch Jodi!
x

Kelly L said...

What a terrific challenge, Jodi!! I had fun with this sketch and will have to use it again! :) I really like your alien and all the great shades of orange and yellow. Terrific use of the spots and dots embossed piece behind him as well. Hugs, Kelly

Risa said...

What a super cute and fun card Jodi! Your image is adorable and I totally love the orange!
hugs
Risa:)

Joy said...

what a cute card! love the image you chose and I love your take on the sketch. thanks for stopping by and leaving me sweet comments and for being a follower! have a good day!

 
Pin It button on image hover