Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Garden Variety Tuesday at TGF

It's Tuesday so that means time for another Garden Variety Tuesday over at The Greeting Farm. This week Annie Rose gave us a sketch challenge:

For my card I used Cheeky Lessons and colored her with copics.  I added some Crystal Effects to her glasses and the apple for shine.  The buttons are from Jane's Buttons and I added some embroidery floss to them.  The ribbon had white stitching, but I colored the white with one of the copic markers I used for her dress. The little embellishments in the corner are from a set of clear dollar stamps from a few years back.  The papers are Lily Bee and one is from a stack I picked up at Walmart one night when my daughter and her friend wanted to go there to get some party supplies.

Here is the sketch:

Head on over the The Greeting Farm blog to see some more amazing work from the Design Team!

Also, for the 4-13 year olds, there is a Kidz Contest at The Farm this week.  It will run through Sunday July 21st at 8:00 pm.  Check out the post I linked above for more details.

I thought I could get all 4 of my kids to participate, but only Trevor had enough time to actually complete a card (we have been crazy busy this past week with play practices, kids over, kids going to friends houses and being away most of the weekend).  Trevor is 9 and here is his card:   


Trevor used McSpendid Farm and Sheriff Ian (both retired).  He colored them with copics and metallic paint pens and then cut them all out.  I love how he made the cow have spots!  When he was cutting, he said "I think I should bubble cut the chicks feet and the pigs tail so I don't cut them off"  ~ love how he was thinking ahead.  He used my grass paper punch for the edge of the green paper and my sizzix die for the sun.  The sentiment is also from the Simple Stories paper pad and he chose it because he said "This is perfect for my card since it is sunshiny"  I think he did a great job (and think he may be able to line up paper better than me).   

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!  :)

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover