Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dream - Canvas

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today was my day to post on The Greeting Farm blog and I decided to share fun little project I did.  



When the mixed media craze started I went out and bought a bunch of canvas panels.....unfortunately the only thing I have used any of them for was......taking pictures of my cards.  So, I decided to pull one out and try to make something for my craft room.  I started by painting the canvas with green and blue acrylic paints.  I stamped a tree and painted over the branches with brown acrylic paint and then added buttons with embroidery floss tied on them.  For the cloud I cut some white fur fabric (see I knew those scraps I saved from when my DI team was making costumes would come in handy!) with the cloud die from the Mini Clouds with Die stamp set.  I wanted to try to stamp Garden Anya directly on the canvas and then paint her but chickened out so I colored her with copics, added some stickles to the ribbon on her hat, fussy cut her out and then added her to the canvas.  To finish it off I added some washi tape to the bottom left corner, stamped the word dream and added two rihinestones.  All in all I am happy with how this turned out and can't wait to add it to my craft room wall.


Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day! :)


No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover