Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stampin N Scrappin With Jodi - Corner Bookmark

It's time for me to be in the KLSNS Stampin N' Scrappin spotlight again and this time I have a Corner Bookmark tutorial to share with you.  I read a lot....at least two books a week.  When I was reading the Twilight Saga a little while ago, I read all 4 books in a week (and I even stretched out the last book because I just didn't want it to end).  Most of the books I read are romance novels so I did my bookmark with a love theme.   
Can you guess what book this is?  

To start off, you will need the following supplies:

1 piece of Cardstock 4" x 4"
1 piece of Cardstock 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
Scoring Board
Strong Adhesive
Extra cardstock/designer paper if you would like 
Stamps, Ink, Embellishments (in this instance flatter is better), Nesties or Punches

Take the 4" x 4" piece of cardstock and mark the center on three sides. 
After marking the 4" x 4" cardstock, place it on your scoring board, aligning two of the marked spots in one groove.  Because the lines on the Martha Stewart scoring board are so close together, I added a piece of paper to the side as a guide so I could ensure I had them in the same groove. 
Rotate your scored cardstock square on your scoring board again aligning the marked spots as shown below and then score.  
After scoring, your image should look like this:
Fold your paper on both of the score lines and you will end up with this:
Add strong adhesive tape to the back side as shown:
Now take your 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" cardstock square and cut it in half diagonally, making two even triangles.  
Take one of these triangles and attach it to the area you added the adhesive tape.
Now decorate the front as desired.  Because I am very fussy about my books, I didn't want anything on my bookmark that might leave an impression on the pages, so I kept mine very flat.
If you are giving a book to someone, this would be a great addition to it ~ you could even make it to match the book cover! 

Have a wonderful day!  

Recipe ~ All items SU unless indicated
Stamps:   Hey Cupid (CC Designs)
Ink/Coloring:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Baja Breeze; Copics
Paper:  Baja Breeze; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Basic Grey (Lemonade)
Embellishments: Dazzling Diamonds
Tools:  Martha Stewart Border Punch


No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover