Saturday, July 17, 2010

KLSNS Challlenge #39

Today Risa was the host for the weekly challenge over at KLSNS and her challenge to us was to use Ribbon.  I almost always use ribbon, so this was an easy one, but I decided to use my ribbon a bit differently this time around. 
For my card I used this cute little boy image from Stampavie, Henri Playing with Turtles.  I colored it in with copics and used a different color than I normally do for the sky.  I really like how it turned out and think I may go with this color more often (but I think I better get a refill for it first).  Since this image is leaves a lot of empty space in the upper right side, I added my ribbon to that corner, found a button to match and added some ribbon to that as well.  When I started my card, I knew I wanted to use this patterned Basic Grey paper, but since it is rather busy, I didn't want it to overwhelm the image so I used this great sketch from Midnight Madness to balance it out. 

We would love to have you join in our challenge this week.  Stop on over at the KL Stamping N Scrappin blog for all the challenge details and to see the fantastic cards from the rest of the Design Team.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps:  Henri Playing with Turtles (Stampavie)

Ink/Coloring:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics
Paper:  Kraft; Gina K Luxury White; DP - Basic Grey 
Embellishments:  Taffeta Ribbon; Button (from stash)
Tools:  

1 comment:

Ceal said...

Such a sweet card!

 
Pin It button on image hover