Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rose Valentine


I just want to get this posted real quick so I can get it in for Mercy's challenge and will be back to update the information later.  Well, I was too late for that challenge, the next post is already up, but I linked my card over there anyways.  This was a real quick card to make ~ and no coloring {gasp}.  It literally took no more than 10 minutes, and that is only because I stamped the heart stamp with a few different inks and on a few different colored papers to see which way I liked it best.

I used my retired SU Bella Rose paper because I realized it was a perfect match for this heart stamp I picked up at Michael's for $1.00.  I was hoping my SU heart punch would fit this stamp and it worked wonderfully!  The trim I found in my stash of vintage trims and laces I had picked up at an auction some time ago ~ it is a pale pink and white.

This is for the following challenges:
Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Use Hearts
ABC Challenge - L is for Layering
Cute Card Thursday - All New (stamp and border punch are new; heart punch, trim and DP I had but never used) 
Hand Full of Stamps - Say it with Flowers
Daring Cardmakers - January Birthstone "Garnet"
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - NEW (new stamp, supplies etc)
Polka Doodles - Song Title "The Rose"
Crafty Cardmakers - "What's New" - use something new
Cupcake Craft Challenge - "Going Girly" - make a girly card


Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps:  Heart stamp - Craft Smart
Ink/Coloring:  Riding Hood Red
P
aper: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Embellishments:  Vintage Trim (unknown)
Tools: Heart Punch; Martha Stewart Border Punch; Marvy Mega Scallop Circle Punch


 

20 comments:

Fliss said...

This is a gorgeous card Jodi. Such pretty colours and a lovely stamp and just love all the little details.
Thanks so much for joining us at Polka Doodles this wee.
xx

Lynda said...

A fabulous card Jodi. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

brenda said...

A beautiful cardf Jodie, such rich colours and textures.

Thank you for sharing with us at Polkaddodles this week.

B x

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Such a pretty image and the papers are definitely girly! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lorraine A said...

OOhh this is absolutely gorgeous ! such a pretty card :-)

thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x

Dolly said...

Pretty card, gorgeous heart stamp and a bargain too. :)xx

Jacki Randolph said...

beautiful card, love the papers and the heart stamp. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Challenge.

Shar said...

Beautiful Valentine! So pretty!

Juanita said...

Oh I love that DP and your card is beautiful.

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

SueH said...

Elegant or what!
That’s just beautiful Jodi and you’ve used the border punch I keep looking at but have so far managed to resist.

Thanks for joining the daring Cardmakers this week.
Sue
x

Stampin Mindy said...

This is adorable, I love all of your hearts! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

ribenaruby said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for joining in the fun at Polka Doodles.

MrsK said...

what a lovely and ornate card its fab and i love the colours too! take care sal x

Nettie said...

What a stunning card. Very romantic colours. Thanks for taking part at Polkadoodles.x

Kris L said...

Lovely, lovely card. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

Tip Top said...

Beautiful card and stamping! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles - pretty card. Cheers Claire x

Crafty Cardmakers said...

I think you must be master of the bargain hunters! I never find stuff like that for a $1 lol!

Great card Jodi, thanks for playing at crafty cardmakers x

Trish Hughes said...

Another great card, love the flowers and hearts together!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Jack said...

Beautiful card, a lot of work there. And I love the ink you've used for the heart stamp.
Jack (Crafty Cardmakers)

 
Pin It button on image hover