Thursday, July 23, 2009

Modern Sugar Blvd New Releases

Today is a release day over at Modern Sugar Blvd. There are a lot of fun new images and our very first boy image too!

To start off I want to show you our new boy image "Growing Up". I was so excited to see a boy image added to our line (and hope he is the first of many!). I decided to go with an outdoor boy theme as I know my two boys do a lot of exploring outside (they love to look for different bugs and frogs), so I used DCWV "The Green Stack" which was perfect for the feel I was going for.

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Growing Up - digi Stamp ~ Modern Sugar Blvd; Sentiment - Technique Tuesday
Ink/Coloring: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Copics (E00, E01, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, YG91)
Paper: Sahara Sand; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - DCWV (The Green Stack)
Embellishments: Twill Ribbon

Tools: CM Cutting System

My second card showcases our new image "Reach". Along with the girl image is the butterfly, which I used, a trio of stars and a twinkle starburst. I wanted to keep the colors of this card softer and chose this DP from Deja Views. I added stickles to the center of the large flower and on the petals of the smaller flowers and enhanced her necklace, bracelet and earring with a Atyou Spica Clear pen, but I just couldn't pick up the shimmer in my pic.

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Reach - digi Stamp ~ Modern Sugar Blvd
Ink/Coloring: Copics (E00, E01, R20, RV32, RV34, G21, G24, G12, Y21, Y23, YR12, E31); Atyou Spica Clear pen
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Deja Views
Embellishments: Flowers (Prima and Imaginisce); Dew Drops; Stickles

Tools: Sizzlits Little Leaves (SU)

And finally is my card using the image "Support Bracelets". As you can see, you are not limited to using this image for bracelets only. When I saw this image the first thing that popped into my head was wedding rings, so I paired the image up with our Champagne Flutes image, and added an Anniversary sentiment (you could use a wedding sentiment as well).


Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Support Bracelets and Champagne Flutes~ Digi stamps ~ Modern Sugar Blvd; Sentiment - Computer Generated
Ink/Coloring: Copics (E50, E51, N0); Atyou Spica Clear Pen; Marvy Gel Pen - Gold
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White; Gina K Pure Luxury White
Embellishments: Ribbon (Black)

Tools: Ticket Corner Punch; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots)

I believe these cards fit a few challenges, but my list isn't currently with me, so I will update that information later.

I hope you enjoyed my preview of the new releases. Head on over to the MSB blog and see all the other fantastic creations from the DT.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous cards Jodi, I especially love the boy card and those papers are beautiful! Have a great weekend. Donna x

Sara said...

Great cards!

 
Pin It button on image hover