Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Christmas Card and 7 Challenges!

I finally had a bit of time to make a few things that are not for any DT, and I tried to combine as many challenges as I could in one card. Although it was a bit harder this time as most of the challenges I like to do were sketches, I managed to get 7 challenges in one card and here is the result:
I really like how this card turned out! I used this image since I haven't used her for quite some time, and thought these papers were good for the look I was going for. I sponged the edges of all the papers before putting them on the card and also sponged along the card base as well. The organdy ribbon was threaded through the buttons (thanks for the tip on getting the ribbon through the tiny button holes Jessica ~ it worked great) and then tied it in a bow. After completing three of these, I added them to the ends of the lace trim on the card. I sponged the edges of my image and sentiment and added them to the card. The thing I would change is the spacing on my eyelets, but it's too late now.....oh well...

Double Dutch - Sketch
Kaboodle Doodles - Buttons and Bows
Creative Inspiration - Distressing
One Stop Craft Challenge - Christmas in July
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Christmas in July
Digital Tuesdays - Christmas in July (my "digital" element is my sentiment)
Cute Card Thursday -"Eye, Eye" - Use Eyelets

Card Recipe~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Hanglar and Stanglar stamp (I don't know the name of it); Sentiment ~ Computer Generated
Ink/Coloring: Copics (E00, E01, E51, E53, E57, E59, R20, R83, R85, R89, R59, G82, G85); Creamy Caramel Ink (for sponging all paper edges)
Paper: Kraft; Gina K Pure Luxury White; DP - Provo Craft (an older Christmas Stack)
Embellishments: Vintage Buttons and Vintage Lace Trim (unknown); Eyelets (Making Memories); Organdy Ribbon (JoAnne's)

Tools: Word Window Punch

This is my second post for today, so see below for MSB's weekly challenge.

10 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

beautiful card,
lovely colours and layout,
thanks for joining us at Kaboodles this week, hope to see you again,
Hugs
Angie
DT Kaboodles

raindropecho said...

Great card! It's very beautiful and I love how you've colored the image. Wonderful card :D
- Ann @ Kaboodle Doodles

mudmaven said...

Love your card! Thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodle challenge! Come back tomorrow for a brand new challenge and prize! ~chris

Ellibelle said...

This is so adorable! I love your coloring. Great job combining all those challenges!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, the ribbon and lace are beautiful with this image. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

Anjou Krelovich said...

Very sweet! Thanks for visiting DTC this week!

Unknown said...

what a wonderful card.

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Jodi and such a sweet Tilda image. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Crafts last week :) Donna x

NGCARDS said...

This is beautiful, thanks for joining at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Emma said...

Stunning card, love all the details.
Thanks for joining us at DTC, sorry I am late visiting you.
Emma x

 
Pin It button on image hover