Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Get Well Soon Ruffles

I decided to have a little play time in the craft room today because the next few days are once again crazy busy around here.
    
This card uses an adorable Stampavie stamp ~ I just love that puppy!  I thought that this image would look really cute with the papers I decided to use and, quite honestly, I really do like how it turned out.
Now that I'm looking at this on the screen, I'm not sure why the brads look so dark since they are practically the same color as the paper, if not a bit lighter.....but then again, taking pictures at night will do that I guess.

I have always meant to play along with The Play Date Cafe Color Challenge but never got around to it, until today that is, so I am entering their challenge for the very first time.
I am also entering the following challenges:
Midnight Madness ~ Sketch (another challenge I always intend to do, but never quite get to)
 
Paper Sundaes ~ Use your favorite challenge of the year ~ Challenge #44 ~ Sundae Toppings Bar ~ use at least two of the following:  Punches, Ribbon, Embossing, the Color Blue ~ 3 out of 4, not too bad (since the DP is a bit textured I decided to forgo the embossing
Stamp Something ~ Anything Goes 
Stampin for the Weekend ~ "New and Blue" (Stamp and DP) 
All Sorts - Blue & Brown 
Totally Gorgeous ~ Cuddly 
One Stitch at a Time ~ New (Stamp and DP) 
Pile It On ~ Anything Goes 
Wild Orchid - "Let's Get Sentimental" - include a sentiment

Wow, that was hard to narrow it down to 10 challenges....I had to take at least that many off my list....


Have a great day and thanks for visiting :)

Recipe ~ all items SU unless indicated
Stamps: Ruffles-Get Well Soon (Stampavie), Sentiment - The Greeting Farm 
Ink/Coloring: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa; Copics (BG72, BG75, E41, E42, E43, E44, W00, N0, N1, N2, 0) 
Paper: Baja Breeze, Kraft; Gina K Luxury White; DP - Parisian Breeze 
Embellishments: Taffeta Ribbon (Kraft); Brads; dimensionals 
Tools: Border Punch (Martha Stewart); Bow Easy

14 comments:

Hanna said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Hugs /Hanna

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

That is so very cute and I really like the blue colour scheme - Michelle x

Jen Leeflang said...

The whole colour-co-ordinated look of your creation serves to frame that cute image so perfectly. Thanks for joining us on the MMSC this week.
Love
JenLee
MMSC DT

Guro said...

What a lovely card, I love your soft colors, really really cute. As a dog fan, your image went straight home with me; what a adorable puppy :-D
Thank you so much for playing along at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Hope we'll see you again soon!
Hugs Guro
MMSC DT

Colleen Dietrich said...

Welcome to the challenge! We are very glad you made time to play with us. Your puppy card is sooo cute! And you used the challenge colors very nicely. Thank you for playing at The Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What an adorable image and you've paper pieced it so wonderfully (love the slippers). So glad that this is your first time playing at the Play Date Cafe. I hope you will join us again!

Gemma said...

a gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at One Stitch at a Time! Gemma :)

Fiona said...

this is soooo pretty....I love how the sofa looks so real!! Thanks for joining our birthdays challenge this week at Paper Sundaes.

fi

Ruby said...

Aw how cute!! Such a lovely image, and great job with our colours! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Valerie said...

This is such a super cute image! I also just love the paper. Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Valerie PSDT

Chocolate Orange said...

Love the colours that you have used and the image. A beautiful card.
Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT for our 'New' challenge. Good Luck !

Choccy x

Kirsten...x said...

Lovely card the image is so sweet...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Gloria Stengel said...

Ok, that image is too cute! But I love that dp! Yum! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes during our Birthday Blog Hop!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is Gorgeous! Perfectly colored and layered. The stamp is just adorable!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

 
Pin It button on image hover